Historical Invoices Report

I have just run the “Historical Invoices” report and have noted that I have a number of Prepayments that I don’t know what to do with. Can you advise?

Hi @gjwguk

If you go to Sales > View Clients, tick the ‘credits’ box under Advanced Search and submit, this will show you where all your credits are.

On our test account for example, I have a client with a £2,000 credit (from a refunded invoice).

Generally, these are created where you have either taken too much money from a client, or if they’ve paid a deposit.

You have a few options here:

1. Tell the client their account is in credit
  2. Pay any outstanding invoices on their account using the credit (but also tell them)
  3. You can mark the credit as expired by issuing a ‘dummy’ invoice to that client for the same amount as their credit. However, this would also appear in their account

If you need help, please let me know and I’ll take a look at your account to see what you could do

It’s a little more complicated than you suggest.
The majority relate to PayPal payments and in one instance I have resolved that particular one, but now I have clients that have no invoices attached with a credit payment. Is there a way of managing credit payments particularly when errors have been made?

What were the purpose of those Payments from Paypal? Did they need to be refunded or where they for services rendered?

You can PM me an example if you like and I will take a look and maybe suggest the best course of action.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.