HMRC account connection failed - Client not Authorised

I keep getting this response when trying to access my VAT account

You are not yet authorised to view this report for the VRN 247363788 . Please ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corresponding HMRC Tax Account.

Any help

Hello @RobPerkins

Other than removing and re adding the correct tax account (the company account not a personal account) we do not have much control over this.

Please see the guide below.

https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/making-tax-digital-troubleshooting/37144

It keeps asking me for my MTD client reference

Hi @RobPerkins

Just to make sure we’re on the same lines, would you mind providing a screenshot of where you’re seeing it asking you for this, please?

Here you go

I also keep getting this message when I try to aurthorise my VAT account

Hi @RobPerkins

Thanks for these.

As my colleague, @QFSteve , linked to above, the troubleshooting guide covers the reasons you would see this error: Making Tax Digital: Troubleshooting.

The “unauthorised” message comes from HMRC directly, and more often than not, it comes down to the wrong account being linked (e.g. if you have more than one tax account).

So you can’t just tell me what to do then?
But I had an email from QuickFile asking me to reauthorise them for MTD - I’m going round in circles

Hello @RobPerkins

I can see you have added a tax account with a good status.

Go into Reports > HMRC and click on the tick to mark it as the active account.

Hello @RobPerkins

You also need to select this account for online filling in the Reports > Vat Return Setting screen

Hello @RobPerkins

It is all looking ok now, the next return can be generated.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.