HMRC verification code

QuickFile does not have access to HMRC. 18 month access exceeded unable to get a verification code to renew.

Hi @DCOUCH

Please accept my apologies, but I’m not sure I understand the issue? Are you able to give us a few more details please, and we’ll certainly try to assist you further?

Hi Mathew.

Apparently I can’t do my VAT via Quickfile. Something to do with it running out after 18months so Quickfile cannot do my vat on line by MTD. I’ve tried to re-autherize it but I’m not having much luck.

Darryl Couch

Hi @DCOUCH

Sorry to hear about this. The access doesn’t expire, but it can be revoked.

What happens when you try to reauthorise it? Do you see any error messages?

Hi again Mathew.

On quickfile I have the following MESSAGE.

You are not yet authorised to view this report for the VRN56067128. Please ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corresponding HMRC tax account. If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow 24hours for HMRC systems to update.

What do I need to do to get authorised.

Darryl Couch.

DC Electrical Maintenance Ltd.

Hi @DCOUCH

This error usually refers to one of a few things:

• You’ve not enrolled for Making Tax Digital (MTD)
  • You have enrolled but haven’t received the confirmation email from HMRC and waited 72 hours afterwards
  • The VAT number on your account is incorrect
  • The linked tax account doesn’t have access to that VAT number

In most cases it’s the bottom one is the problem. It’s not uncommon to have more than one HMRC account (e.g. 1 for Corporation Tax, 1 for Self Assessment, 1 for VAT, etc.). You need to ensure the one connected is the one with VAT access with HMRC. It’s worth checking on the HMRC website directly using the same login details.

Hope that helps

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.