How do you transfer sums between bank accounts

My previous software I was able to transfer funds from one bank account to another. Is this possible with Quickfile? Thanks

Hi,
If you have, in real life, transferred money for example from your current account to your credit card or reserve account and you are using the auto bank feed feature for your current account then just click on the the tag me button next to the transaction on your current bank account screen and click on transfer between bank account and choose the relevant account.
If you have the auto bank feed feature for both accounts then it should show you the relevant transaction in your chosen account after clicking the tag me button. If not you can create the entry manually during the tagging process. This will create a duplicate entry. You should then delete the entry brought in from the feed.

But if you mean you want to physically transfer money from one bank account to another, that is not possible. Quickfile only has reading access to your bank account(s) when the bank feed feature is enabled and setup.

The QuickFile documentation all talks in terms of “tagging” bank transactions that come from an automatic feed, but the bit people often miss is that if you don’t have an auto feed you can create untagged transactions by hand using the “new transaction” button at the top of a bank account view. Transactions created this way are exactly the same as ones that come from a feed and all the same tagging options are available.

So for a bank transfer you create the transaction on one end using “new transaction”, tag it as a transfer between accounts, and the other end transaction will be created automatically.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.