How much money in against nominal code

I run a basketball club and currently use quickfile for keeping track of club running costs

But cant seem to find out how to find out how much money each section of the club brung in each year

all the invoices inventory items are allocated to their own nominal account

i just want to know how much each section brung into the club (not how much we have invoiced)

Any help would be appreciated
Kevin

Hi @Ayrshire_Tornadoes

You can go into your chart of accounts (COA) which would give you the figure in the time frame selected. So, for example, for the last accounting year, you could do this:

1. Go to Reports >> Chart of Accounts

2. Select your date range by either entering it, or selected a predefined date from the options

3. The COA report will show you the balance during that period, which takes into account any negative balances too (such as refunds or expenses)

I know you mentioned that you are looking for more than just what has been invoiced, but this figure would include anything allocated to that nominal (you can view the exacts by clicking on the magnify glass). So that includes journals, invoices, credit notes, purchases, bank transactions etc.

Hope that helps?

I already had looked at this but doesnt give me the information i need - its hard to explain over message would their be any way of contacting you by phone?

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately we’re not able to offer support by phone. We use a centralised forum which helps us keep our prices low for our users.

Are you looking more for the cash value rather than invoice value (e.g. what has been paid, rather than what’s been invoiced)?

yeah basically i invoice my clients (my players) for the full yearly fee and they pay it back in installements

So the invoices are all allocated to certain nominal accounts for example MEN, U16s ect to allow me to seperate the costs.

I wish to know how much money has been paid off against the invoices for just the men for example not all inbound payments

Sorry its really tough to explain

Cheers
Kev

I think that makes sense :slight_smile:

We don’t have a full cash report, but what you could do is use project tagging. These be added to invoices overall and would allow you to have a cash and invoice breakdown on each tag.

There’s more information on tags here:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/projects-in-quick-file/1591?u=qfsupport

If you wish, you’re welcome to start a new topic in the ‘Feature’ category requesting this. We’ll then monitor this for interest, and if there’s enough interest we’ll happily take a further look into this type of report.

Hope that helps?

That is perfect! i have managed to set this up no problem and allows me to see money in vs money owed and also the comparison between money in and money out (hall hire and refs ect)

Thanks for the help much appreciated and keep up the good work!

Kev

1 Like

Is there any way to project tag different lines in each invoice? i have invoices for hall lets but wish to use the project tags to split the costs out?

Thanks

There’s no way to apportion line items to separate project tags. You can however use the adjustments feature, this will allow you to make ad-hoc adjustments to the your project totals.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.