How should I tag bank charges?

Hello everyone,
I’m confused about how bank charges should be tagged. This forum explains everything about it. When you use the 2nd method in the opened topic, it creates a purchase for each bank fee.
As in the picture

Here are the steps I followed:
1- I clicked “Tag me”.
2- I clicked “Payment from a customer”.
3- I clicked “Create a new invoice for this receipt”
Then I filled the required information.

I don’t know if I did something wrong. I’m pretty new at this job.
Is there a better method for tagging bank charges?

Hi,
When the bank charges show up in your bank/merchant account in quickfile click the tag button at the end of the transaction. After that click payment to a supplier or something not on the list. Fill in all the information and choose Bank Charges as a nominal account. Save. Done.
The difference between supplier and something else not on the list is that the supplier way creates an invoice. Something else not on the list creates a direct journal between your bank/merchant account and bank charges.

2 Likes

I think you meant payment from a customer, right?
Here is the option I marked.

No. “Payment from a customer” is an option when tagging “money in” transactions but bank charges are presumably money out?

Essentially @rhc has described the same process you’re already following and I’d agree that is the best way to record it. Making a purchase for each fee lets you attach the documentation from Wise with the fee details - direct “something not on the list” tags can’t have attached files.

1 Like

I get it, I asked the question wrong. I just checked, I already checked “Pay supplier”. Thanks for your answers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.