How to add Drawings to bank account transactions

hi,
Can anyone explain how to add monthly propretor drawings to the bank account.
i have found something like proprietor drawings account but this does not show anything in the bank transactions ie £1000 every month coming out of the bank account.
thank you.

https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/sole-trader-bookkeeping-the-basics/8808

Hi,
thanks for the reply . Ive had a look but it doesnt show how to link the PD acc to the business account ie take £1000 from the business acc & move it to the PD acc.
i have done a transaction in the PD acc & it shows the ammount there but nothing taken from the business account…???

from that page plz , Withdrawing money from your business

This transaction is the opposite to the “Recording an initial investment” example above. Somewhere on your business current account you should have a “Money Out” transaction showing the withdrawal of cash or a bank transfer to your personal account. Simply locate this transaction on the bank and click to tag the item. Select the option “Transfer between accounts” and on the drop-down list transfer the money to “Proprietor Drawings Account”.

i dont use a business account. my business is only small so I use one of my personal accounts.
also i might not actually take the money out but just put a figure in as takings & use it bit by bit.
thanks for the reply.

If you use the same account for business and personal, and don’t withdraw actual cash, then there will be no proprietor drawings to record.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.