How to connect to HMRC

Good morning:)

I have problem to connect QuickFile with HMRC- I would like to send my Vat Return.
Can somebody help me with this? Thanks. Monika

Hi @MonikaPawlaczyk,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Are you seeing an error when you try to connect?

I have only messege that I have to connect to HMRC to send my Vat return.

Hi @MonikaPawlaczyk,

here is a guide on setting up your account here: HMRC Tax Accounts - MTD Returns

Hopefully that helps?

Thank you very much. And my last question is how to find HMRC Business Tax Account; I have many other links? Many thanks.

Hi @MonikaPawlaczyk,

I’m not sure what you mean?

Your business tax account is the account you set up with hmrc. You should have an email with the user id and whatever password you created at the time.

Thanks, but my accountat did it before and now I would like to do everything by myself and have tax business account.

Your accountant would have their own agent account in that case, so you’d need to go on to hmrc website and create an account yourself.

Please Note: You must first independently enrol your business for Making Tax Digital before proceeding with these steps. You can enrol for MTD within your HMRC Business Tax Account.

My accountat have my LTD before and now, I would like to do everything by myself, so I need sign up for HMRC Business Tax Account.

Please read my reply above.

Thank you. My only problem is that I cant see where can I sign up for Business Tax Account?

My only problem is I cant find Business Tax Account for sign up. I do this for the first time and before my accountant had my LTD.

I have to register in Business Tax Account.

I have to register for Business Tax Account.

Hi @MonikaPawlaczyk

If you don’t already have a tax account, you can sign up for one with HMRC: https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services

If you already have a user ID and a password for VAT on the HMRC website, you can use the same one to create the link.

Thanks, I have access to online-services as an employee. So I understand I should add Vat to this account? I thought that I can have seperate account as LTD? And I can see a way to create seperate account for LTD.

No. You can’t use the same account as an employee. One is a personal tax account. The other is a business tax account.

Just follow the process of creating a new tax account and follow the steps as if you are registering for an online account for your Ltd company.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.