How to reflect early payment discounts on remittance advices?

Hi, I’m getting going with quickfile but I’m stuck on this. My suppliers often offer a discount for early payment as part of their terms (for example, 30 day terms with 5% discount for 7 days). My old accounts software could handle this automatically as part of the supplier’s terms and would display the discount taken on the remittance advice.

I can’t work out how to show the discount on the remittance advice here. Either I add the discount as a negative to the invoice and that affects the total (which is no good) or I add it as a credit note to the invoice and that seems to work - but only the discounted total appears on the remittance.

Any suggestions how to handle these discounts? The supplier should see the invoice total and the discount taken on the remittance advice for it to make sense - they need to know I’m claiming a discount or they’ll just apply the payment against the total.

Thanks.

The quick and dirty fix is simply to manually calculate the discount and then edit the remittance advice to show it as a separate item.

You will need to raise a credit note as well to clear the purchase invoice…

Hi @Nurg

If you need to show this on the remittance advice document, then you would need to adjust the invoice or raise a credit note as @FolkLondon suggested.

Unfortunately there’s no way to specifically show a discount.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.