How to remove locked purchase

I have a number of purchase receipts (QFxxxx entries) that were created wrongly when a supplier prepayment was tagged. Some of these are locked and I get a “Transactions cannot be deleted as they are currently locked or have been refunded” message when I try and delete them. I have detached the associated payment but they still show as locked. How can I remove these entries? Any help appreciated.

Hello @INTERK

It’s a bit tricky to tell what’s going on without seeing it first hand, but from the outset, it sounds like either the payment has been refunded (and therefore you can’t delete the original), or it’s locked because your account lock date has been changed to a date after this payment.

When viewing the payment itself, do you see any notes on it, such as “This is a credit note”?

Thanks. Yes it does say its a credit. Also there are sometimes multiple payments attributed to a purchase. Anyway I have sorted it by accident by detagging all the payments and then tagging them to a temporary loan account. That has allowed me to delete the unwanted purchases.

Glad to hear you managed to resolve this! :slight_smile:

Please let us know if we can help further.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.