HSBC Bank feed not working today

Regardless, I think everyone just nees QF statements to be identical to bank apps, and not days behind…

Makes for difficult real time accounting…

So again today, a simple 30 year transaction of VAT payments, a refund was made yesterday afternoon, the QF statement shows nothing today, but advanced info under banking feed shows the correct balance with the refund being made, as does the mobile app and online access to HMRC.

The only incorrect information is the QF statement for HSBC

Is this going to be fixed by QF, so that the QF statement shows the same as all the apps ?
or are we going to lag behind like 20 years ago…

Hi @transcom

As we explained above, HSBC are showing that this transaction may change - date, description, amount, or even the transaction may be reversed and not happen at all.

While this is the case, we can’t reliably import this transaction.

The transaction will be imported as soon as HSBC show the transaction as confirmed as not changing.

I will, of course, pass your feedback on to our development team.

everything was fine, now were back in the seventies…

An HMRC refund may change ? HSBC advise in their terms that any transaction may be reversed, but this has been since HSBC started…

Issue seems to be that QF cant / wont parse to prevent duplicates and are just now (since 19th April) allowing only immutable to be imported, doesnt help anyone keep tabs when we have to keep referring to the banking app, why have a feed at all ?

Maybe allow the customer to decide if they want immutable and mutable imported (make them different colours), Id rather delete the duplicates than wait days for a correct balance

I’ve certainly fed your feedback to our development team, but the very nature of a mutable transaction is that it may change. This is HSBC specifying this, not QuickFile.

According to the Open Banking specification, transactions that are mutable may change and should be marked as such. If it’s immutable and definitely won’t change, they should be marked as immutable. But this is HSBC specifying this.

As you noticed yourself, other banks aren’t doing this, it’s only HSBC, unfortunately.

Issue is that all bank transactions are subject to reverse, its in their terms… and on chatting with HSBC, they havent changed anything , but what they do have is a pending option for ALL transactions as any one can see on any banking app.

Ive also spoken to Revolut, thay advise that ALL their transactions are mutable, as they reserve the right to change at anytime, however, with Revolut, the statement on QF is the same as Revolut, ie, realtime

Bottom line… realtime accounting, thats what its all about… and thats hwo it was

Workaround

Ive now added a quick link from Banking Feeds / Advanced Info, underneath the bank concerned and labelled it as ‘Real Balance’ , which actaully reflects what the banks show and not what QF show

Hi @transcom

I can’t comment on how banks present their data - it’s their choice. But the Open Banking Specification requires a “TransactionMutability” flag to be issued with the transactions.

In the case of HSBC, they’re sending “Mutable”, which then changes to “Immutable”. When it changes, we’re importing it in the next feed run.

With other banks, including Revolut, they’re setting it to “Immutable” when the transaction settles.

You’re spot on with what you said - banks can change data even afterwards for things such as chargebacks, fraudulent use of the account, and so on. But as far as the Open Banking specification goes, the feed is built inline with this, which is what the banks should be using to present the data.

As I mentioned above, the bank is responsible for setting this flag, we can only process the data issued. The data isn’t controlled by us so we can only process it inline with the specification.

I’m sorry we’re not able to help on this occasion, but if the Open Banking Specification changes, we will of course, update our feeds inline with this.

@transcom - Just to let you know, after discussing this with our development team, we have agreed internally that HSBC may not be using this value correctly, so will add an exception for them.

That is, regardless of whether HSBC state if a transaction is mutable or immutable, we’ll import it providing it has settled.

This should be live within the next few days.

Edit
A bit quicker than I had anticipated - this is now live :slight_smile:

Excellent news, I can confirm that yesterdays income is now showing and were back to pre 19th April.
Thanks !

Bill

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.