HSBC Bank Feed User Name Issue

Hi all

New Quickfile user here trying to work out an issue with activating a bank feed from HSBC.

I select add feed / select HSBC / select Personal Account

This redirects to the HSBC Open Banking login page.

The issue is it will not recognize my user name or the pass-code generated with the app.

I am registered for online banking and when using the same username and app generated pass-code have no issue logging into my accounts.

HSBC seem pretty useless at helping (registered a complaint over the issue) and the helpline person I spoke with did not know what Open Banking was …

Am I missing any steps ? e.g activating Open Banking for my account at the HSBC end (I have looked for an option but unable to find).

We tried my husbands details as well and had the same issue so seems something somewhere is broken ?

Using firefox on linux / also tried with Chrome on android phone.

Irina

Hi @Irina

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with this.

Unfortunately as the page is on the HSBC website, it’s out of our control and HSBC are the only ones who would be able to provide any guidance into what the issue is.

However, the details would typically be the same as what you use for online banking or the banking app. If you are using the same details but still seeing an error, hopefully HSBC will be able to assist you and get this working.

Sorry we’re not able to help with this, but I hope you manage to get it resolved soon.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.