HSBC feed not working properly

Hello, for some time now when I log into my HSBC business bank account via Quickfile Bank Feeds, the HSBC website acts very strangely. After I export the latest transactions to Quickfile it takes me back to the HSBC home page and asks me to log in, but if I click on the back button I can get back to the other screens without having to log in again.
Also, over the last couple of weeks if I try to download a statement (not PDF version) it automatically exports it to Quickfile, even when I click on ‘download’ rather than ‘export to Quickfile’, which is more than a nuisance as I need to be able to import it into my cash flow program.
I’m assuming it could be something to do with HSBC having made some alterations to the layout of their website recently. Please could you fix this problem with the API?

Hi @MaryJ

That’s part of the issue - there is no API with the banks, so things like this are a bit tricky and break easily.

I will ask our team to have a look at this, but I can’t give you any timescales I’m afraid.

I would however recommend having a look at our Yodlee subscription. Although in the case of HSBC Business accounts, it’s not automated, it would save you having to log into the webpage - you can do it from within your QuickFile account. There’s more information on this here:

Thanks for your prompt reply, much appreciated.
How does the Yodlee feed differ from the current HSBC feed in Quickfile? From reading through the description it appears to work in much the same way.

The difference would be it’s just one click within your account rather than the need for an additional plugin. The process for HSBC Business would be clicking ‘Refresh’, entering your secure key number and the transactions would then appear in your account.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.