HSBC feed

Just trying to get hsbc to feed into my quick file and it seems to have stopped at June 2018 and hasnt sent over that and the following months. Why and how can I fix it?!

Hi @hcraig

Are you using the Yodlee feed?

Due to the nature of the HSBC login process (requiring a unique code at each login), it’s not possible to run it automatically. It would need to be manually refreshed so you can enter the code.

The feed can generally only go as far back as the online banking allows, which is normally around 28-30 days. You can certainly try a refresh and enter the last refresh date and it will pull in as many as possible, but I think you’ll need to manually import a CSV export or similar.

Hi Matthew,

I was using the bank feed last year very well. Now, when i was in my HSBC account, I clicked ‘export statement to Quickfile’ and it keeps saying it has failed.

The failed message says’ ‘Please ensure you have enabled file imports on your Quick File account and the credentials supplied are correct’

I cant see what that means to do?!

And in exasperation I have now paid the £15 or so for Yodlee and cant see the feed. When and where will my transactions appear?

Many thanks

Heather

Hi @hcraig

There’s good news and bad news for this, but I’ll start with the bad because it does get better.

The bad news is, because of the way HSBC have set up their log in process (requiring the unique code at each log in), Yodlee can’t update the feed automatically. This isn’t something Yodlee doesn’t do, or chose not to do, it’s because HSBC just doesn’t support it.

But as I said, it does get better. We are trialling Open Banking feeds which creates a direct connection with some banks, and HSBC is one of these. This allows the feed up update automatically without the log in. As you’ve got the subscription you can certainly try this, and in fact I would encourage it because it’s more effective for HSBC. So, I’ll send you a private message shortly (look for the green icon in the top right) and we’ll get this set up for you.

1 Like

I would like to know if the HSBC business banking feed is now working - elsewhere in QF it says the fix for this bank is expected at the end of January 2019. Thanks,

Hi @Spencer1

We are currently trialling the Open Banking feeds which allows automated downloads from HSBC. Is this something you would be interested in?

Hi @QFMathew, yes this is very much something we would like to use. Separately, it would be good to have an autofeed for the company credit cards too. But the bank feed is a priority.

No problem! Let me send you a private message

It didnt work for me at end Jan…I just ended up downloading each individual statement and uploading each statement.

Hi @hcraig

Are you using the Open Banking feed? If not, we can certainly add this to your account too if you like?

No, Im not using it, but if it can be added, that would be good thanks.
:grinning:

No problem! I’ll send you a private message now to help you get started :slight_smile:

Hi

I would also massively benefit from an auto credit card feed

Hi @jpitsolutions

The Open Banking feed is currently only available for current accounts, although it’s hoped that the banks widen the support for more banks later this year.

If you can log into your credit card account through your online banking, chances are, the Yodlee feed will do the job for you. But with HSBC, as you may be aware, the feed isn’t automated due to the nature of 2 factor authentication codes when logging in.

Hi there. I have purchased a Yodlee feed but I suspect that this is not working because of the HSBC login process. Is there any chance that HSBC credit cards will be open to automation for feeding through to Quick File in the near to medium future? the current account feed works well.
Separately, can we have an automated feed from the deposit account?
Many thanks,