HSBC not allowing me to set up feed

This is on the back of the issue around feeds being paused on HSBC accounts. Following advice here, I thought I’d try and fix that by revoking and then re-establishing the feed. However, when I am directed to the page where it connects you to your bank to log on, it’s not recognising my details. It doesn’t appear to be an issue with online banking because I can log on to HSBC online banking away from Quickfile…

Hi @johnliddle

Could I please ask which web page you are seeing this on? If it is a HSBC web page, then we would have no control over it. However, if it is a QuickFile web page, we can dig into this a bit further.

It’s the HSBC one - it’s the page that QuickFile directs you to to set up your feed. I did think it would be an issue with HSBC rather than you (their chat function hasn’t been much help so far!) but thought I’d ask here as well in case anyone else had similar issues…

Hi @johnliddle

If it’s the HSBC page then we would have no control over this I’m afraid. You would have to contact HSBC directly to see if they can advise you on it.

Yes, I just got off the phone to them. They can’t see anything wrong…

Hi,
Have you tried a different browser or clearing the cache or setting your current browser to incognito mode? Also, make sure to use the right details and if you start to setup the feed from your bank account within quickfile, make sure you did setup the right bank; also make sure the old feed is completely deleted as you can have only one feed per bank.
That may will help

2 Likes

Thanks @rhc - clearing cache (something HSBC also suggested and was just doing when you messaged) seems to have done the trick. :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.