HSBC Open Banking Feed

Hi @Jas_Jhooty

We don’t currently support the upload of Excel files, only CSV files. If you can re-save it as a CSV and try uploading that, it should work.

I understand that, but I cannot currently obtain any spreadsheet from HSBC in any format. When I click on the download button I am presented with the following error message:

Export Failed!

Incorrect account number or authentication key. Please ensure you have enabled file imports on your Quick File account and the credentials supplied are correct.

Hi @Jas_Jhooty

Am I correct in thinking you’re using the Google Chrome extension? If so, this has been depreciated. You would need to either download the file and upload it manually, or use a bank feed. Even though there’s an issue with the HSBC Open Banking feed at the moment (due to HSBC making changes in a short timeframe), the Yodlee feed is still available.

I am new to the open banking feed. I only signed up to it yesterday but was unable to set it up.

Am I correct in assuming if I was to use a different browser I may be able to download spreadsheets. Or should I uninstall the chrome extension? I am happy to upload .csv files as long as i can obtain them which I currently can’t do.

Hi there , I removed the Quickfile extension from Chrome & have managed to download the spreadsheets now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

1 Like

Hi Matthew

No, I just get this

With no option to connect to HSBC?

Kind regards

Clive

Bank - Open Banking

Please note: HSBC are failing to validate new consents due to a technical issue with their updated authentication system. We have reported the issue to HSBC and await a response. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Connect a bank

Barclays
Bank Of Scotland
Halifax
Lloyds
NatWest
Royal Bank of Scotland
Santander

We wanted to provide an update on the situation with the HSBC Open Banking service. We were advised that HSBC commenced with the work on 1st May (originally planned for 30th April). HSBC took the decision to cancel all existing consents before fully resolving and testing the deployment of the new service. The Open Banking group advised against this approach and the short notice issued to all 3rd party providers. HSBC are currently working through a number of technical issues with the new service that is preventing us from being able to bring the HSBC option back online.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. We will email you again as soon as the new service comes back online. We will also ensure feeds are back-dated to 1st May to cover any gaps.

Now that the original thread is closed, could we have another update here on the latest with HSBC Open Banking Feed? Any signs of progress from HSBC…?

Hi @mlawson

Apologies for this thread closing - I’ve now reopened this and merged your post.

We sent an update out yesterday by email. If you didn’t receive this, I’ve copied it below for reference:

We apologise for the delay reinstating the HSBC Open Banking Feed. HSBC are continuing to work through a number of technical issues in relation to their authentication update last week. We remain in dialogue with both HSBC and our Open Banking liaison to monitor progress on this case. We will bring the service back online as soon as we receive assurances from HSBC that the technical issues are resolved.

We will email you again as soon as the new service comes back online. We will also ensure feeds are back-dated to 1st May to cover any gaps. You may in the mean time manually import your statement information from a CSV or QIF file.

I’m not aware on any movement here unfortunately, but will check with my colleague to see if anything has come through recently.

1 Like

Hi @mlawson

Today we have only received holding messages from HSBC indicating that they are continuing to investigate the route cause of the problem. It is extremely disappointing that they have allowed the service to remain offline for such a length of time and we continue to press them for updates.

The next update we will receive from HSBC is scheduled for noon tomorrow. We will update you as soon as we know more.

I will also ensure that this thread does not auto close.

1 Like

UPDATE: We understand that HSBC have now identified the underlying cause of the issue. They are continuing to work on a fix. We will report any further developments as soon as we have them.

I spoke to someone at HSBC today about this, it was someone in customer services who checked with their management team and was told they have no intention of linking an open feed with Quickfile - ominous

Hi @CliveClive

This is incorrect. HSBC offers an Open Banking feed, which QuickFile does support (when HSBC has made the changes). At present, the Open Banking feed is offline due to their recent changes.

Under Open Banking does each bank get a veto on which OB-compatible consumers are allowed to access their feed, or can anyone who is compatible with the specs and properly accredited access the feed from any bank? If the former it wouldn’t be particularly “open”…

Hi @ian_roberts

Each provider needs to be registered with the banks, but I don’t believe they are allowed to refuse any one who are authorised by the FCA and part of Open Banking.

@CliveClive The information supplied by front line support staff at some of the CMA-9 banks is very concerning and we’ve reported a number of these cases to Open Banking to investigate.

Regarding the ongoing HSBC outage we received the following update this afternoon:

Hi. Apologies for the delay on this update.

Our IT team is looking to finish testing for the fix identified next Monday 13th of May. As such, we will be issuing a next update before noon on Tuesday 14th of May.

HSBC would like to apologise for the disruption and we will communicate immediately if a fix is deployed before our next update.

I’m sorry, we were hoping to get closure on this by end of business today, but regrettably we’ll need to wait until Monday for an additional update.

Update: 13th May - 16:45

We understand that HSBC are now very close to implementing a fix that will allow them to restore service to the new business endpoints. We will keep you informed on the progress here and we will issue a further update tomorrow at around noon.

Thank you again for your patience.

My bank feed has disappeared, it will not allow me to update feed

Hi @handbagqueen73,

I have moved your post to this thread as there are issues with HSBC at the moment but we are hoping these will be resolved soon, see above.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Update: 14th May - 15:34

We have received notification from HSBC this afternoon that the issues affecting the HSBC Open Banking service have now been resolved.

We kindly ask that you proceed to the Open Banking area in your account (From your Dashboard select the “Bank” option in the top menu, followed by “Open Banking Feeds”). You will then be able to reconnect your HSBC account(s) and link them to your bank accounts in QuickFile.

We apologise again for any inconvenience this outage has caused. We are confident that additional measures will be implemented by Open Banking to ensure that future updates are handled in a more coordinated and less disruptive manner.

Should you have additional questions we will be leaving this thread open to provide any assistance.

1 Like