HSBC Open Banking Feed

Hi @CliveClive

This is incorrect. HSBC offers an Open Banking feed, which QuickFile does support (when HSBC has made the changes). At present, the Open Banking feed is offline due to their recent changes.

Under Open Banking does each bank get a veto on which OB-compatible consumers are allowed to access their feed, or can anyone who is compatible with the specs and properly accredited access the feed from any bank? If the former it wouldn’t be particularly “open”…

Hi @ian_roberts

Each provider needs to be registered with the banks, but I don’t believe they are allowed to refuse any one who are authorised by the FCA and part of Open Banking.

@CliveClive The information supplied by front line support staff at some of the CMA-9 banks is very concerning and we’ve reported a number of these cases to Open Banking to investigate.

Regarding the ongoing HSBC outage we received the following update this afternoon:

Hi. Apologies for the delay on this update.

Our IT team is looking to finish testing for the fix identified next Monday 13th of May. As such, we will be issuing a next update before noon on Tuesday 14th of May.

HSBC would like to apologise for the disruption and we will communicate immediately if a fix is deployed before our next update.

I’m sorry, we were hoping to get closure on this by end of business today, but regrettably we’ll need to wait until Monday for an additional update.

Update: 13th May - 16:45

We understand that HSBC are now very close to implementing a fix that will allow them to restore service to the new business endpoints. We will keep you informed on the progress here and we will issue a further update tomorrow at around noon.

Thank you again for your patience.

My bank feed has disappeared, it will not allow me to update feed

Hi @handbagqueen73,

I have moved your post to this thread as there are issues with HSBC at the moment but we are hoping these will be resolved soon, see above.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Update: 14th May - 15:34

We have received notification from HSBC this afternoon that the issues affecting the HSBC Open Banking service have now been resolved.

We kindly ask that you proceed to the Open Banking area in your account (From your Dashboard select the “Bank” option in the top menu, followed by “Open Banking Feeds”). You will then be able to reconnect your HSBC account(s) and link them to your bank accounts in QuickFile.

We apologise again for any inconvenience this outage has caused. We are confident that additional measures will be implemented by Open Banking to ensure that future updates are handled in a more coordinated and less disruptive manner.

Should you have additional questions we will be leaving this thread open to provide any assistance.

1 Like

My feed is back in place and working, but it has not imported old transactions (before re-instatement) - it has only imported from 16 May (which I think is when I re-activated it). Is that correct behaviour?

This topic was automatically closed after 115 days. New replies are no longer allowed.