HSBC Reserve Account

Hi I have created a bank feed to my HBSC business account - but it seems I am unable to do so to my HSBC Reserve Account. Why?

Hi @ruudboy66

What type of feed are you using?

The Open Banking feed

At the moment Open Banking only supports current accounts. It is hoped that banks will add support for other banks in the near future, but at the moment this isn’t possible.

What you can do in the mean time is use the Yodlee feed option for the other accounts (you’ll see a link for this when you go to activate the feed).

Is there another fee for this (ie on top of the £15 + VAT I paid for the Open Banking feed)?

No - the subscription covers the whole QuickFile account and all bank feeds. So you’re welcome to set up as many feeds as you like on your account :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there having been instructed to disable the Yodlee feed is there now no way to automate this? HSBC have told me there is no problem their end in authorising access to the BMM account

Hi @ruudboy66,

Yodlee has been disabled for the major banks but you are still able to have an automated bank feed through Open Banking.

The HSBC Open Banking feed only allows me to connect to the current account, not the BMM reserve account. HSBC have told me this is not a restriction they have placed at their end

HSBC aren’t supporting Reserve accounts or Credit Cards through Open Banking so unfortunately you will have to update these the old fashioned way using a bank statement upload

HSBC have told me different!

Hi @ruudboy66

It’s often the case with the banks, that the customer facing staff aren’t always aware of the full situations with things like this. We’ve seen the same thing with other banks too.

As it stands, HSBC only supports current accounts through Open Banking. Any bank account types that are available would show up. When you link your HSBC account, you are asked what accounts to authorise - HSBC controls this list. So if the account isn’t listed, then it is bank that doesn’t support or is restricting it.