Implement API in REST and document with Swagger

Hi, as your API is currently in SOAP, it’s not very portable and although all methods are exposed via the SOAP schema, the objects are not!

May I suggest you look at implementing your API in REST too, and as you’re using .NET, document it (this bits very easy) with Swashbuckle which is a Swagger implementation for .NET.

It means that not only could someone call methds easily via HTTP but it also means that any client could be created very simply as Swagger has a number of code generators for lots of languages (.NET, PHP, Perl, Python etc etc etc).

Just a suggestion, but it would make integrating with QuickFile take minutes not hours (and it really does take hours!!!)

Ben

You don’t need to post SOAP envelopes any longer, you can actually just post the XML directly to the following endpoint without wrapping it in a SOAP envelope:

https://quickfile.co.uk/WebServices/API/invoices.ashx

We do have a REST based API, but this is not yet exposed to the public. It has been developed in the last 2 months to facilitate the Zapier integration and only has a couple of methods at the moment. We will likely extend this and eventually replace the old XML service, but it will most probably be a gradual transition.

1 Like

Hello,
Has there been any update on if there is a SWAGGER definition file for your API? I have noticed that some of the definitions on the API page do not match what is coming back.

TIA

Hi @Jonathan_Stanton

There hasn’t been any updates here I’m afraid, but if you could please let us know of any examples of issues you’re experiencing, either in a new thread or as a private message (if it contains account/personal details), we can take a look at this for you.