Importing client details from Sage 50

Hello - I’ve created and populated a CSV as per QF’s instructions for importing clients. It has imported all the clients but not the phone numbers and email addresses. For those clients that have a phone number, first name, surname and email it’s fine but if we are missing at least one of those items then everything is left out. We have a lot of clients that have a phone number and a first name but no email or last name. When I realised the info was missing I tried to to add it via the ‘add new contacts’ but all 4 bits of information are mandatory fields. Is the only way around this to put dummy data in eg spaces when I haven’t got a name, a zero for the telephone number and something like a@z.com for an email address?
Any help greatly appreciated
Regards
Helen

Hello @bts

Each client record has a contact record, this contains the below and must be supplied together

phone number, first name, surname and email

This is done as each client has their own portal and needs this information to be populated for their respective logins.

https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/importing-clients-and-suppliers/8891

Hello Steve
Thanks for your reply - I just want to use the boxes to hold the information( where I have it) - we won’t be using it as a portal, at least not for the foreseeable future anyway. So, unless you can think of any downside I’ll put in some dummy fields as per my message above as I can’t see anywhere else where I can store it.
Regards
Helen

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.