Importing data (again, again)

It has been some time since I last checked, but as far as I can see there is still no satisfactory way of importing journals from eg csv.

I have 3000 entries I would like to import (1500*2 dr/cr) to enable me to switch from Quickbooks and retain the level of history I require. The 3 import methods I have read about are of no use to me; I don’t want to import a TB etc etc; I am an accountant; and I don’t mind paying as a large user if necessary!

I have only the greatest respect for what Quickfile has achieved and what it provides for free, but I fail to understand why this issue has not been addressed. Or have I missed a change?

Hi @henryg

At this time a journal can’t be imported, only a trial balance.

I do believe there’s a feature request for this, which I would like to encourage you to add your vote too if you haven’t already.

Edit
Here’s the existing feature request thread: Import journal

I’m sorry Mathew, but this has been raised on many occasions here over a substantial period of time and your answer is really just not good enough.

And you stand to gain a lot of users!

Thanks for your feedback @henryg. At this moment in time I would certainly suggest adding your vote to the feature request.

Many of our features come from feature requests on the forums. The more votes (and therefore, the more interest), the better. While we can’t implement everything suggested, we will certainly try our best.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.