Importing GoCardless mandates - help needed to get started

Hi,
I’ve been using GoCardless for years and managing recurring monthly payments and customers in a spreadsheet. This is too time consuming for me now so I’ve set myself up with QuickFile.

I’ve linked my QuickFile account with my GoCardless account, and now I’m stuck.

I’m trying to follow the guidelines posted here

It says “You can simply supply us with the mandate ID”
Ok, but how?

It also says “We have a handy tool for inputting existing mandate IDs. You can access the manual entry form by clicking the link on the new mandate form.”
Where do I find this handy tool?

I feel like I’ve been through every menu in QF looking for something that matches the Knowledge Base article, but after spending 2 hours I have to admit that I’m stuck.

Any pointers will be much appreciated, many thanks.
Paul

Hi @Paul_James1

From the Client view screen, you will see the direct debit box on the left hand side:

If you click this, you’ll get the option to send the link to the client, get the link yourself, or add an existing mandate:

Just enter the MandateID here from GoCardless, we’ll do a few checks, and if all OK, then the MandateID will be saved for use at a later date.

Hope this helps!

Edit
@Paul_James1 - I’ve requested some changed here which will hopefully make things easier going forward.

That’s excellent, works a charm.
Took me a while to work out how to get the MandateID, but I got the first one working, fingers crossed the rest will be simple from here

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.