Importing Purchase and Sales Data

I’m trying to import sales and purchase invoice.
I have been using this feature for the past 18 months and I use exactly the same format,
Except now when I import it I get the message below - the issue date ISN’T missing, nor is the client name, nor is the description, the total Amount is there, the nominal code is there.]
What is going on?

There was an error processing your file:*
Error at line 6: Issue date is missing. Client name is missing. Description is missing. Error reading totalAmount. Paid bank account nominal code is missing.

Hi @HighburyOutcast

I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems with this.

When you open the csv in excel, or similar, does it load everything ok there? If everything looks ok there, try opening it in a text editor such as notepad and check everything looks ok there as well.

Common errors include blank lines, missing data or the incorrect formatting.

If you’ve checked all these things and you’re still not getting anywhere, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch and we’ll see what we can do for you.

Have done that.

I work on a Mac. I enter the data onto an Excel file (I use a template), save an an CSV as I always, try to to import and I get them same message (for this and sales invoices)

Here are some screen grabs on ppt slide

Thanks
Tim

(Attachment Quickfile issue.pptx is missing)

Have done that.

I work on a Mac. I enter the data onto an Excel file (I use a template), save an an CSV as I always, try to to import and I get them same message (for this and sales invoices)

Here are some screen grabs

Thanks
TimScreenshot 2021-05-07 at 17.13.13.png

Sometimes I have had this when there’s hidden characters in one of the cells. Highlight the data and copy it, paste in to a new sheet, save as something else and try thaf one.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.