Importing sales from Square

I am having issues and would really appreciate some help on how to integrate my sales from Square to Quickfile.

I have read all the online documentation, I have a power subscription, I have connected and enabled automated feed and have the correct merchant location.

It just will not work and implement correctly.

Please Help

Jordan

Hello @thetshirtman

What are the issues you are getting?.
Are there transactions missing?

I just checked your account and I can see transactions have been imported onto you Square Merchant over the last few months.

Hi Steve. Amazing

What are the steps to view these?

Hi,
Click on the Bank accounts tab and scroll down to the merchant account section. There you should find your Square account. Click on view and you should see all your transaction on the next screen.

Hope this helps

Amazing… This has been a bain in my life for 2 months trialing how to fix it was even looking at automations with Make.com and at one point hired an upwork developer to look into it… Thankyou very much. I would recommend adding the links to this onto the Square integration system

Quick question.

Would it be possible to do any or all of the following:

Automate the tagging of these Clients and Suppliers (Money In / Charges)
Import details of customers email and name so they have individual invoices within the quickfile system.

Many thanks once again

Jordan

Hi,
There are two options.

1. On your screen with all your bank accounts, click more options and Bank tagging rules. There you can create Bank tagging rules for automated tagging. Click create new rule and follow the steps.
    The down side you can only tag all sales to one client, something like square sales or so. You can not tag the invoices to the relevant client. But you have all the data in your Square account if you need it.

2. To get all the client data from square to quickfile automatically you have to use a 3rd party software like make or zapier. Zapier is easier to use I find and more reliable but also much more expensive.
    With make or zapier or something similar you basically create invoices, tagged as sent but not paid, in quickfile, also a client account with all the details your client provide during checkout or which are submitted from the card provider. If your customer pays via card, quite often there is no such data provided. The downside of this method is you have to tag the bank entries manually to each clients invoice which was created via make or so. Auto-tagging doesn’t work for this method.

The fees square charges you (maybe also zapier or square) can be tagged automatically via auto-tagging rules.

Also, if you use square for website sales you are maybe able to get the invoices created via make or zapier and automatically tagged to the relevant bank entry but only for returning customers. For card payments it is not possible because you don’t get enough data from the card provider.

Hope this helps