Inconsistent rendering of characters

Hi folks (FAO QF staff),

There is an HTML parsing/display inconsistency with invoices: When entering a client name with an ampersand, it is rendered correctly everywhere. When entering an ampersand in a contact name (my use case is entering a client’s dog’s name along with their own name), it’s rendered as its HTML equivalent (&). This looks odd for the QF user, and for clients viewing invoices.

Is there any way this can be cleaned up so there is consistency across the various parts of the UI and on client invoices?

Thanks.

Hello @soligram

I have logged this with the development team for review.

I will keep you updated when I hear back.

1 Like

Yes, I’m getting the same although it’s only started happening in the last few weeks; previous entries were fine.

2 posts were split to a new topic: &amp showing for & on entry of invoice name

Hello @soligram

Are you still getting this issue as some updates were rolled out over the weekend and I know the development team had been looking into this for you.

Hello @TheWriteCompany

Cn you confirm the exact steps you co through when you see the issue?

Where do you create the invoice from / do you use copy an paste anywhere etc?

Hello Steve

When I try to rename an entry on the Bank Account Statement page I might type e.g. ‘B&Q’ but when I reload or return later to the page this will have changed to ‘B&Q’.

This is only a recent issue – it didn’t happen on an entry that I edited on 13.04.2023.

~WRD0003.jpg

image001.png

image003.png

Hi! While the changes don’t appear to act retrocpectively, if I go in and modify the client contact details again, it’s now just the ampersand appearing on new invoices, and also in the quick search.

Looks like that’s done it, thanks!