Insecure Connection error

I am using Firefox and when I try to connect using mycompany.quickfile.co.uk everything is OK.
But when my accountant tried to connect using www.mycompany.quickfile.co.uk it failed with an “Insecure Connection” with the message "Your connection is not secure

The owner of www.mycompany.quickfile.co.uk has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites"

This worried my accountant and he thought that your website must have been hacked, rather than just misconfigured!

www.mycompany.quickfile.co.uk 

This is not a valid address. There should be no www. prefix when you are accessing an account, it would be just:

https://mycompany.quickfile.co.uk 

Hope that helps.

This isn’t something that can be “fixed” due to the way web server certificates work - the QuickFile web server has a certificate covering *.quickfile.co.uk which covers anything before the first dot, but only the first dot. You can only do a wildcard for the first component of a hostname, it’s not possible to get one for www.*.quickfile.co.uk

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.