Inserting into QuickFile & checking with API/Webhooks

Hello,
I would have a few use cases where I would like to add data to QuickFile using an incoming API/Webhook call to QuickFile and then to check it using an outgoing API/Webhook call to an automation system which would send me an email with what’s happened.

For example, I have a bank account that has the same monthly payments in a foreign currency on a specific date. The bank doesn’t seem to have open banking or an API/Webhook for auotmation, so I wanted to put a regular task in an automation app on the specific date to check the exchange rate, caluclate the GBP amount and enter it into the Quick File bank account with the appropriate Reference, Tags and any other relevant information. A minute or so later, I would have another task in the automation tool to search for and pull the entries from QuickFile, do checks and then send me an email to ensure it all went smoothly.

Does QuickFile have incoming and outgoing API/Webhook features, and if so how do I access them?

Thank you,
Bharat

Hi @BharatK

Yes, QuickFile offers both an API for inserting/reading/updating/deleting data, and webhook notifications for changes (Power User Subscription required for the latter).

However, the webhooks don’t cover bank account payments. It does, however, include payments against invoices.

All our API endpoints can be viewed in our API documentation: https://api.quickfile.co.uk/

You can also see all the supported webhooks, here: Webhooks Schema

@QFMathew thank you for the quick reply.

I’ll see if I can create a work-flow using invoices to allocate payments instead of inserting the payments directly into the bank account.

Do you have any plans to include the webhook features for bank accounts?

Thank you,
Bharat

UPDATE: I can’t use invoices because I don’t know what the exchange rate will be till the invoice date and the rate varies so I can’t create recurring invoices.

Hi @BharatK

The exchange rate isn’t defined on the recurring invoice, but rather the individually invoices when they’re raised from the profile.

You would just define the currency and the values in that currency, and when the individual invoices are raised, they will adopt the exchange rate at that time.

Hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.