Insights offering to create a tagging rule that won't work

Bank transaction appears with reference “M&S” (as an example - same is true for all 3 character references). Click Tag Me and Insight tagging suggests “A similar transaction to this was previously tagged as a General Purchases payment to Marks & Spencer.” Click “Confirm again”. Click “Would you like to setup a tagging rule to auto-match in future?”. At this point, it is already known that a rule with a 3 character reference will not work, so it shouldn’t be offered. It’s anomalous that a reference like “M&S” is recognised by Tagging Insights but ignored by old-style tagging rules.

Hello @The_Toaster

Tagging insights has been disabled for 3 character references as you are correct in stating that you can not create a 3 character bank tagging rule.

This update is pending deployment and should go live in the next 48 hours or so.

1 Like

Now regretting I asked for this. Turning off Insights for 3 character references is not the fix I asked for. Insights worked fine for 3 character references. Only the offer to create a rule was the problem. Now with Insights disabled, I no longer get the “A similar transaction to this was previously tagged as a General Purchases payment to Marks & Spencer.” prompt and have to go through multiple extra steps to create the purchase invoice. It was far better as it was :frowning_face: