Integration Request: Add support for Capital On Tap

Sounds more like a Yodlee error, I think you get this when they have identified an issue and are working on it.

Hi,

Just an update that I am still getting this error message when trying to setup feed, Would be helpful if this could be passed to yodlee please.

Thanks
James

Hi @Jsmith9114,

I have just sent you a private message :slight_smile:

Iā€™m still getting the 507 error. Is there any update on this as itā€™s getting frustrating?

Hi @Greenvill,

Yodlee are aware that many users are experiencing this problem. Apparently this particular bank is still in Beta so they are working on it at the moment. I will update you should we get any further information from Yodlee

Hi
Itā€™s been nearly four months now and Iā€™m still getting this same error, Has anyone else been successful in setting up?

Would be great to get it sorted as I currently have to go through the CSV download and change every transaction so they import correctly into QF

Thanks
James

Hi @Jsmith9114

Following the introduction of the PSD2 directive in September, services such as screenscraping are no longer permitted. As such, Yodlee are no longer developing a link for Capital On Tap.

As it stands, Capital On Tap doesnā€™t offer an API, but it is something Iā€™m keeping an eye on. As and when there is a working API, we can take a look at potentially adding them to our list of supported banks. But as it stands, this isnā€™t available to us to use.

Iā€™m sorry this isnā€™t the answer you are looking for, but if anything changes, we will revisit it.

Thanks Mathew :slight_smile:

Thanks Mathew - would be a very useful upgrade for us. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, just to add my +1 to this as a useful feature for us as well, should Cap On Tap sort out an API.
Cheers

https://capitalontap.com/en/open-banking

Looks like Capital on Tap do have an API

Hi @Greenvill

They do have an API, although on last check this was still in sandbox mode, so it couldnā€™t be used with live data.

I have however asked our development team to take a look and see whatā€™s possible.

Capital on Tap currently have an active integration with Xero https://central.xero.com/s/article/Capital-on-Tap-UK-direct-feeds

ā€œOnce connected, your transactions will appear in Xero within 12 hours and will refresh automatically every six hours.ā€

The Capital on Tap API doesnā€™t conform the Open Banking standards. So while it is possible to create the feed, it will take longer for it to be added.

We will, of course, keep you updated. But at the moment, thereā€™s nothing to update you on Iā€™m afraid.

I spotted this on the C-O-T website, does any of this make it more promising??

James

1 Like

Hi @Jsmith9114

In most cases, it certainly does make it more promising.

Weā€™ve already explored the Open Banking API offered by Capital On Tap, which unfortunately isnā€™t a standard Open Banking API, but rather their own take on it.

If it was a standard one (matching the format of the likes of Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds, Monzo, Revolut, etc.), then it would be a fairly simple job of adding it. But because itā€™s their own version, it requires a lot more work to implement, which is something weā€™re not able to commit to at this moment in time.

1 Like

Hi,

Another Capital On Tap user here - is your position still the same @QFMathew ?

Thanks
Ian

Hi @tinystreet

Yes, unfortunately, Capital On Tap still doesnā€™t support the Open Banking standard API setup.

OK, appreciate the update. If you get a sudden availability of resource to develop the integration, please do let us know :slight_smile:

Itā€™s Capital On Tap that need to spend the time on this, QF canā€™t do anything until they build/create/enable the feed.