Invoice and Unit cost

Hi
I am sure there must be a way around this. When I do my invoices, the unit cost which say would normally be £67 when VAT is incorporated becomes £55.83. However, this confuses clients as they want o know what the unit price is (£67) not with the VAT removed. Is there a way of changing this, so the unit price is the non VAT version?? They will see the VAT and what it is elsewhere.
Cheers
Barbara

Hi @ideas4learning

You can’t remove the VAT from the invoice completly but you can remove the VAT breakdown from the line totals.

When you create your invoice there a tickbox above the lines:

Hi Beth

Many thanks

My query was more about the Unit cost, which always remains the amount with VAT removed. So As my unit cost is £500, then it is impossible for me to show this without the system adding the VAT. Yes I do need the VAT to be shown but was hoping there was a way of showing the Unit cost – inclusive of VAT on the line indicated. It sounds like there Is not.

Many thanks

B

Barbara Nance | Director |ideas4learning Ltd

M: 07771557074 | T: 02380255478| E: bjnance@ideas4learning.co.uk| SKYPE: bjnance|

ideas4learning Ltd, Company number: 7622282 VAT 375929543

Registered address First Floor, Hill House, 23-25 Spur Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3DY

Hi @ideas4learning

No, the unit cost will always be the Net Value. The QuickFile invoices are more aimed towards business to business invoicing where you would focus on the Net rather than the Gross totals.

If your customers aren’t happy with the way the invoices are looking now that you’re VAT registered then you may find that it’s easier to send them a ‘dummy’ invoice outside QuickFile that just shows the gross amount?

Hi Beth

Many thanks

Regards

Barbara

Barbara Nance | Director |ideas4learning Ltd

M: 07771557074 | T: 02380255478| E: bjnance@ideas4learning.co.uk| SKYPE: bjnance|

ideas4learning Ltd, Company number: 7622282 VAT 375929543

Registered address First Floor, Hill House, 23-25 Spur Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3DY

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.