Invoice email preview not showing as wsiwyg

Just been having a small issue with viewing email preview when sending an invoice reminder. At first I saw the normal view with the email laid out as expected but when I clicked on 2nd reminder it showed op with cr and when I clicked back to 1ts reminder or invoice they were the same.

i.e.
Dear @FirstName@,

To view your invoice or obtain a PDF copy please follow the link below:

@DirectInvoiceLink@

Additional Invoice Details

Invoice #: 000055
Issue Date: 21/03/2017
Due Date: 20/04/2017
Total Amount: GBP 216.00

Kind Regards

Nick Foster

iwt technologies ltd
+44 (113) 328 0330
accounts@iwttech.co.uk

any thoughts?

Having just posted this the post shows the email view as it should be but in my edit it looks like I saw it on screen as one long piece of text with br commands

Hi @tc5440

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I’ve logged it with our development team to take a look.

Same for us, just seeing lots of <br text etc

Hi @slr

Thank you for your post. This issue isn’t account specific, so it will be the same for all users. It’s currently with our development team, but we’ll get this fixed as soon as possible.

I am trying to send an invoice this morning and the message coming in the box is not the normal one. I am now seeing this:

Dear @FirstName@,

This is just to remind you that the following invoice is now overdue.

@DirectInvoiceLink@

Additional Invoice Details

Invoice: 002323
Due Date: 25/08/2017
Total Amount: GBP 50.00

We kindly ask that you remit payment as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding this invoice or any other matter relating to your account, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

1st 4 Coaches Limited

Is this a new thing or is there a glitch??

Hi @charlotte

Although it hasn’t appeared above, I can see if in the original post - am I correct in thinking the issue here is the <br> tags?

Lol yes, is that supposed to be there, will the client see it as it has shown above?

@charlotte - I’ve merged your post with this existing topic. It’s not supposed to be visible, but I’ll explain what <br> actually is.

<br> is a HTML tag which is converted to a line break. One <br> is equal to one new line. <br><br> is therefore equal to two new lines, and so on.

Will the client see it? In short - no. The whole email that’s sent is HTML, so actually they’re supposed to be there, but aren’t very friendly. For convenience, when viewing the preview we convert them to actual line breaks, so they look more like your post above. In fact, when you posted what you saw on the forums (just as @tc5440 did above too), the forum done exactly the same and converted <br> to a new line.

Hope that clears it up :slight_smile:

So support can we still send the reminders although the
code is shown at our end? Is this still being worked on to have it the way it was previously?

Thanks

Allan

@blacktelematicsbox yes you can, the client will not see the HTML markup. We have also fixed this issue and will be pushing out an update in 1 hour.

Sorry a little later than planned but this issue has now been resolved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.