Invoice Link missing from emails

Hi Glenn,

I’ve sent invoices out today to clients and they have replied back to say they have a message body but no link to open the invoice so they can pay. can you resolve ASAP. This is holding up payment.

regards
Lee
GroupExec Ltd

1 Like

Hi @leeh

I’m not Glenn, but I’ll certainly try to help :wink:

A common issue is your invoice template not including the token to generate the link. You can check this by going to Account Settings >> Routine Emails >> New Invoice Raised

It should contain the following token:
@DirectInvoiceLink@

If it’s missing, add it, and that should generate the link for you when the email is sent.

Just as a side note - there are a number of tokens you can include in your emails. They are listed in the ‘Custom Tokens’ dropdown list below the email content.

Please let us know if we can help further

1 Like

GROUPEXEC LTD

Dear Lee

To pay by card click on the link above.

Account holders see due date top right of invoice. Payment via bacs.

regards

Lee Harker
GroupExec Ltd

It didnt work. I took a payment via invoice at 8.46am this morning. Since then three customers have tried to open invoice to pay without success. The words above is all i get . Just did a test email to myself also. No invoice just message body.

regards
Lee

1 Like

Also,

I’ve changes the settings as per your suggestion. The system changes it and I save it. When I’ve just go back into the settings its changed back to First Name. Got to be a BUG somewhere me thinks. Has i said was working at 8.46am this morning. Client opened invoice and clicked on pay online and paid by worldpay. Now nobody is getting invoices just receiving the message above.

regards
Lee

Right guys,

Understand now. Its fixed

regards

Lee