Invoice numbering mistake! help!

hi, i have made a minor cock up with my invoicing. i forgot to create an invoice last week and then remembered after i created an invoice this week so ive got my numbering the wrong way around. i’ve tried renumbering the invoice but it says the invoice number i have chosen has already been used but i have deleted the invoice that was using that number so technically it hasn’t been used! please help me sort out this mess before it gets any worse!

Cheers

phil

Hi @pjanes,

Let me get few more details here. I will send you private message on this forum.

Hi Peter, thanks for your extremely fast response! basically i had an invoice created that was numbered 00006 i believe. but i then realised i needed to add another invoice before this one so invoice number 00006 needs to become 00007 and i then want to create a new invoice numbered 00006 but quickfile won’t let me as it says the number is already in use even though i have deleted the original invoice 00006. my email address for login is phil.janes1@gmail.com and the account is pmj.quickfile.co.uk.

many thanks.

phil

You can just go in and edit the numbers of any invoices you’ve already created. So you could just change invoice 00006 to invoice 00007, then create a new invoice with invoice 00006.

i’ve already deleted the invoice 00006 and created a replacement numbered 00007 but when i go to create another invoice numbered 00006 even though the original has been deleted, it won’t let me as the number has already been taken!

Cheers

phil

In that case you’d need to restore invoice 00006, change it’s number to something like VOID00006 and then delete again. After that you can then use that number again.