Invoicing workflow problems

I’ve been using QuickFile for nearly a year now as a sole trader and have yet to find a workflow that works well without duplication.

I work as a sole trader / consultant. I do have some expenses which are not billable to a client which I add as purchases.

However, when I am dealing with a job, all expenses are billlable to a client and I just need to add daily rates. I need to provide invoices at the end of each month with receipts.

The problem I always have is that I have to prebook and pay for flights etc. I add these as purchases (either as me paying from drawing account or adding as billable to client)

I want to keep on top of invoices and build them as I go along. So the problem then…

If I add as Billable to client and select them, I can only create a new invoice each time, and not add them to a pre existsing draft invoice (as far as I can tell)

If I add them as purchases being fully paid from my drawing account, I can find no way to add the receipts I have imported to the draft sales invoice as I go along.

Am I missing an obvious feature, or is this simply not possible in Quickfile. I want to add items as purchases with receipts and them add them to a pre existing invoice as I go along each month.

I really want to be easily able to see which purchases are directly paid by clients through the year, and those I have paid as part of trading.

Thanks for any replies as I find this frustratingly difficult at present.

Hi @BlueSprint

At the moment there isn’t a way rebilling to an existing invoice, only a new one (as you’ve seen).

What you could do, is use the estimates feature in QuickFile, and record your billing there. It would still mean copying everything across, but you wouldn’t end up with 2 invoices for the same thing.

Thanks for the quick reply Matthew.

Can I please request this is added to feature requests then please as its a real pain at present.

Thanks

Hi @BlueSprint

You can add your support for this request, here: Rebilling to existing sales invoice

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.