iOS App - Face ID loop

Hi. I have installed the ios app, and logged in fine. It asked me to set up security code, which I did.

Now when I try to relaunch the app, it pops up asking for the security code, but before I can enter it, it pops up asking for Touch ID for Quickfile.

If I give it my thumb, it logs in, but immediately pops up asking for Touch ID for quickfile.

Give it my thumb and it reveres to asking for a security code, and then overlayed with a popup asking for Touch ID.

This keeps looping and I am unable to actually get into the app.

Have tried removing and reinstalling the app - same problem.

Have looked in keychain for any saved account or password details - there are none associated with quickfile.

How can I get passed this and get into the app please?

Hi @HarryGardner

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with this.

Can you please tell us a few more details?

• What version of iOS are you running?
  • What version of the QuickFile app do you have installed?
  • What device are you using?

Thanks for coming back:

Ios 14.4.2

Quickfile v 2.0.055

iPhone SE 2020

It would seem that iOS 14.4.2 has broken the face ID functionality on the app. We are looking into the issue as a high priority.

I would recommend in the mean time to temporarily disable the biometric feature on the app until the issue is resolved.

Thanks - how do I disable the biometric feature on the app without opening the app?

Morning @HarryGardner

We have just submitted a new release to the App Store that will resolve this issue.

Version: 2.0.56

New submissions are usually approved by Apple within 24 hours. If you need to use the app in the mean time you should be able to temporarily disable Face ID on your device. Also if you delete and reinstall the app, that will work too (no data will be lost).

Just to confirm, the new version (2.0.56) is in the iOS app store. Please let us know if you run into any more problems.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.