Issue with EUR transfers from GoCardless

Hi QF Support,

As I receive payments from my customers (via GoCardless), the payments each appear in my GoCardless Merchant Account (they are the entries commencing “Payment from”) and the associated nett figure (payment minus GC fee) appears in my current account. Often, this is a bulk value. Please see entries for 8th August 2022 and the single GC payment in my current account of the same date.

Each month I have to manually enter the Nett figure and associated GoCardless fee into the GoCardless Merchant Account to reconcile it.

No problem so far.

I have a customer in the ROI who pays me 60.00 EUR pcm. GC take a fee of 1.70 EUR and transfer the GBP equalivent of 58.30 EUR into my current account.

Unfortunately, the payment from this ROI customer does not appear in my GC merchant account. Is this because GoCardless record the entries in EUR instead of converting into GDP?

Regards

Gary

Hi @GaryWilliams

Spot on. At this time, non-GBP payments aren’t supported with GoCardless through QuickFile, so they’ll need to be entered manually.

With EUR payments, they typically come through the SEPA system rather than the BACS direct debit system (GoCardless handles all this for you). But we do have a feature request for this that you may wish to add your vote to: Support for GoCardless SEPA Direct Debits

Hi Matthew,

OK, so another workaround. I have emailed GoCardless to see if they can convert the EUR values to GBP. If so, that may trick the import API into accepting them :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Gary

1 Like

Hi Matthew,

GC are unable to convert EUR to GBP for display purposes. Seems their programmers cannot achieve this. Even I can write a simple conversion code for this. So, a manual workaround is the future.

Cheers

Gary

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.