Journal from1202 to 3100

Hi
Not quite sure what I am doing wrong, but I cannot seem to figure out how to correctly journal money from 1202 to 3100 even though I am following the guide from the knowledge base.
For example if I create a journal to debit £100 from 1202 and credit it to 3100, the proprietors account on my dashboard increases by £100 and when I go to my balance sheet 1202 has stayed the same. I am very inexperienced at accounting but this doesn’t look right to me (maybe it is??)
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance
Simon

I’m not 100% sure, but it’s worth remembering that it’s backwards. So, debiting an account will actual credit it.

Have you tried putting it the other way around, e.g. debit £100 from 3100 and credit 1202?

Hi
Thanks for your reply, I wasnt aware it was back to front and now the proprietors account on the dashboard appears correct, however when I go to my balance sheet or chart of nominal accounts 1202 hasn’t adjusted. Is this correct?

It should have adjusted. What happens if you go into the account for 1202 itself, does it display anything?

It must take at least 10 minutes to update, whereas the dashboard updates immediately, all now seems correct, thanks you for your help

1 Like

No problem. Glad it’s all working for you now :smile: