Knock knock! Let me in!

Why does Quickfile make it so frustratingly impossible to log back into my account to enter data? Having “logged in”, I am confronted with 3 options the first of which takes me back to the login page so that I must login again, and neither the second or third option takes me to my data input page. Leaving me with no apparent way to enter data!
I am sure that anyone that manages to hack into my account will find it much easier than I do to get into it!
Nigel

What address are you starting your login journey from? It should just be https://<yourcompany>.quickfile.co.uk for whatever name you chose when you originally signed up.

Hi @MHCottages

Sorry to hear of the problems you’re having logging in, would you be able to let us know what the three options are that you’re seeing when you’re attempting to log in?

Dear Ian,
Thank you for your response to my knock knock query. I think that the problem I was having is that the word, “email” was missing in front of the word “inbox” on the Quickfile website login instructions to me. Having just selected “login” on the Quickfile website I stupidly expected an inbox within my account on Quickfile’s website, rather than on my email server. Instead none of the 3 optional links presented went anywhere useful when I clicked on them. Very frustrating when in a hurry!

As I only tend to login to Quickfile’s site at the end of each quarter, I often forget the process used 3 months previously.

If Quickfile’s site provided more transparency in its calculations of tax owed, and the other titbits of wisdom about my company’s finances offered, to enable me to check whether Quickfile’s calculations bear any relationship to reality, I might be tempted to make more use of Quickfile’s software and enter data more often.

As it is, I have very little confidence in the accuracy of the data Quickfile’s software sends to HMRC and only use Quickfile’s software because HMRC insists I do so. Hopefully Quickfile will manage to do better when Income Tax gets assigned to their software as well as VAT.

With Excel I am able to cross check for errors. Unfortunately Excel makes plenty of these so keeps me on my toes! But my cross checking systems highlight the errors so making it easy to correct them and be reasonably confident of the final result. It also allows me to use the same basic data to calculate both VAT and Income Tax returns. Saving a great deal of time, something the world is very short of these days.

Hi @MHCottages

Glad you managed to login all ok, and I’ll certainly feed your comments back to the development team.

We calculate things such as VAT and tax projections based on the data in your account. If you’re inputting it manually (and only every 3 months), then the data will only be accurate at that time.

However, with tools such as a bank feed, bank tagging rules and recurring invoices, there could be a way to automate parts of your workflow prior to the end of the quarter.

Happy to help with any queries you have related to these features - just let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.