Letter Feature

I find the letter feature very useful as snail mail is still necessary for some businesses. However, the signature feature is inadequate. I have a long surname and cannot reproduce anything that looks remotely like my true signature and appears unprofessional. I have other software where my scanned signature can be placed on the signature line perfectly.
Sometimes a signature is necessary - I sent a letter to a Bank that was returned for lack of signature.
I now need to make a trip to the Post Office. I cannot see any way to use a scanned signature.

Sounds like you’re overthinking this, or missing the point of digital signatures. They don’t necessarily have to be a digital carbon copy of your actual handwritten signature, mine isn’t for several reasons (length being one of them).

Specifics will vary slightly between providers but the signature being digital isn’t about what it looks like but that you actually signed it, and it can be linked/attributed to you.

Yes I realize this is the feature. I was looking to send a bank instruction this way; they will accept digital signatures but it has to look the same as the real one.A proxy won’t do.

This must vary by bank as I have sent several bank instructions using several digital signature formats, none of which are anything like my actual signature.

Reply - yes it does. Co-op Bank are now asking for ‘wet’ signatures. But then ask you to send the document electronically, never by snail mail. I reckon they then check the signature on the document with that they have on file. So a digital signature unlike your own doesn’t cut the mustard.