Linking HMRC account for MTD

Hi
I linked my HMRC account with QF in readiness for the start of MTD . When I now try to access VAT returns via QF, it says ‘You are not yet authorised to view this report for the VRN XXXXXXX. Please ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corresponding HMRC Tax Account. If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow 24 hours for HMRC systems to update.’
I have allowed more than 24 hours as suggested. Do you have any tips or suggestions as to how I can resolve this? Thanks

Hi @concentric,

Did you register with HMRC for MTD and have you had the confirmation email through from them? You need to make sure that this has been done before you will be able to access through QuickFile.

Oh I didn’t know that sorry, thanks for your help! Does it matter that I have already linked my account?

No, it won’t make a difference, it just means that when it is activated through HMRC then you should be able to see your information in QuickFile - it can take up to 72 hours for it to be set up completely.

Thank you so much, I’ve done that now.

question what about agents which file on behave of clients do we link it to our ASA account or the clients account?

Hi @jhanks0311,

If you are using Affinity then you can link your ASA account - this will work providing your HMRC account is already linked with your clients. You will also need to make sure that you have signed up with HMRC already for MTD and that you can see that it has been enabled when you log into your ASA account directly.

A Step by step guide can be found here.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.