Linking HMRC to QuickFile. Getting lots of different errors

I have used and filed VAT Returns in the past. I get refunds all the time. However due to a long illness i have not been able to file any. Now I have brought eveything up to date, I can’t get to the step of creating VAT Returns and different errors keep popping up. I’ve spoke to HMRC an they say everything is fine at their end. What is my next step?

Hi @Marc11

Firstly, can I just confirm that this issue is with QuickFile, not Quickbooks?

If it is QuickFile, can you please let us know what errors you’re seeing?

Hello @Marc11

I managed to locate your account, I can see the below error, I have removed the failed attempts can you please try re adding your HMRC account

Yes Its QuickFile. The errors are
HMRC Connection error and the latest is Client Not Authorised, but i know it is

OK Give me a few moments and I’ll get back to you either way

I can create the VAT Return. I’m now trying to link to HMRC

Sorry but I haven’t been able to link HMRC to Quickfile and now I can’t even access the VAT return calculation It says I’m not authorised.

Hello @Marc11

If you’re seeing that your account isn’t authorised, it’s often down to one of a few things:

• You’ve linked the wrong HMRC account (e.g personal account, rather than your organisation’s account)
  • The VAT number is incorrect
  • You haven’t enrolled on MTD with HMRC
  • You have enrolled on MTD recently, but not yet received confirmation
  • HMRC have confirmed your enrolment, but you haven’t yet waited 72 hours

https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/making-tax-digital-troubleshooting/37144

This is an error returned from HMRC which we have no control over.

I have spoken to them and they say it is authorised and not a problem at their end. So I’m stuck in the middle lol

Should I remove the authority and apply again?

Hello @Marc11

Should I remove the authority and apply again?

No harm in trying, can you log into your HMRC account ok?

I’ll try again and let you know how I get on

I have given HMRC authorisation to link up with QickFile but if you look on the system, it is still coming up as failed. Can you help please?

Hello @Marc11

From our end we are receiving back the message (from HMRC) that you are not authorised.

If you are sure you have entered the correct details, this is out of our control and must be resolved by HMRC as they are returning the message to us.

I’ll give them another call

HMRC have deregistered the number by mistake. I need to apply for its re-instalment

Hello @Marc11

Glad you got to the bottom of it. :+1:

Thanks for sharing this, with the community as it may help others with a similar issue.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.