Linking two accounts for VAT

I run two businesses on separate quickfile accounts, is there any way to link them together for a full report to go to HMRC Vat??

Hello @jm23bg

Unfortunately It is not possible to do a multi company submission using QuickFile.

Each company would do its own submission independently.

Its only one company, but I expect I could use your bridge??
Is there details instructions how to merge the spreadsheet from both??

Hello @jm23bg

You could generate the vat return in both QuickFile accounts and export them to excel.
You would then add the values for the respective boxes 1-8

Can I ask, why was it that you have 2 QuickFile Accounts for 1 Company?

Hi

Up until now I have been adding one as a manual adjustment, but I thought you were not meant to do that??

Can you advise??

John

Two type of businesses, with own trading styles and names, but still under one company.
Ie No1 Joe Bloggs Ltd, No2 Joe Blogs Ltd T/A Mickey.

Hello @jm23bg

Each QuickFile account should be for each “Company” as a legal entity.

QuickFile has the ability to use different trading styles.
I have attached the support article below
https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/custom-trading-styles/8831

You could generate the vat return in both QuickFile accounts and export them to excel.
You would then add the values for the respective boxes 1-8

What I meant is you could do this then use the Bridging Module to submit

Hi
Is filling in Manual adjustments by hand to the Quickfile vat return, to add the other vat amounts, against HMRC regulations??
You can set up two trading styles in Quickfile, can I separate the accounts to view them separately, that would be good??

Hello @jm23bg

Is filling in Manual adjustments by hand to the Quickfile vat return, to add the other vat amounts, against HMRC regulations??

I would say that its not really permitted, You can check with HMRC.

You can set up two trading styles in Quickfile, can I separate the accounts to view them separately, that would be good??

When processing the accounts you could tag transaction to a Project.

You can then report on the Project

More information below
https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/projects-in-quickfile/8858

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.