Login OTP/Auth Code Error - Password Mgrs

Morning - there’s a couple of caveats with this post :wink:;

1] It is related to interaction with a 3rd party plugin(s) [in my case LastPass, but I should also imagine Dashlane, 1Password etc. ]

2] It doesn’t appear to have any detrimental impact on logging in ~ other than registering a failed login attempt.

3] It’s a low priority/quality of life issue really ~ yes I am a picky bugger! :grin:

Short Version…is it possible to edit the field type assigned to the [Google auth code] box on the login screen so that it is not recognised as a password field by 3rd party extensions?

[details=Long Version…]
I have as far back as I can remember, experienced login issues when using a password mgmt tool to connect to my QuickFile account and complete the login prompt.

Example:

The error is generated due to the password mgr saving an entry for the OTP value in its ‘pre-fill form’ profile…{yeah the irony right?? :confounded:}

Example:

No amount of deleting/editing/disabling AutoFill/AutoLogin has any effect and simply re-creates a value with the last used code at every login :unamused:

Now, after some too’ing and frow’ing with the support folks they have advised that the way in which the QuickFile login screen is generated appears to report the Auth Code field as ‘password type’ field ergo LastPass (et al.) will always generate a value for this field as it sees it as a ‘required’ entry.

So - is it possible to edit the field type assigned to the [Google auth code] box on the login screen - say to a free text field - as a workaround?

John.[/details]

Ok, this is a little interesting. The auth code box itself is already a text box rather than password (hence why you can see the numbers - ‘password’ hides them).

I personally use LastPass, and I’m aware of a colleague who also uses it. I don’t have any issues, but I will double check with them to see if it’s a one off in my case.

1 Like

LastPass should observe the following attribute on the text input:

autocomplete="off"

Unfortunately that attribute isn’t utilised here at the moment. We’ll get that added for the next release and hopefully that will fix things.

Lastpass also needs to have this option enabled: Settings > Advanced > Allow pages to disable autofill for the above to work.