Loss of detail during Bank Feed refresh

We have suddenly lost some detail for all EPOS payments hitting our account. EPOS payments appear on the Barclays statement containing the merchant ID number, and the date they relate to. Nothing has changed on the Barclays statement, but as of Monday, this information does not appear in the QF bank statement.
Used to appear: CARD TXNS 010117 12345678 BGC
As of Monday: CARD TXNS XXXXXX XXXX5678 BGC
We are desperate for this information, as we have several machines accross four sites, and payments are sorted and reconcilled automatically.
PLEASE RECTIFY URGENTLY

Hi @Danny

We can certainly have a look at this for you. Where does the Barclays data come from? Do you upload a file for example, or do you use one of our feeds? If it’s a feed, which one is it - the old QuickFile Barclays feed, or the Yodlee feed?

It is the Yodlee feed.

Thank you.

I’ve checked this over with our development team, and the data Yodlee are sending us is as you’re seeing it there (with the X rather than numbers).

I’ll send you a private message shortly to get a few more details so I can raise this with Yodlee. Please look for a green notification in the top right hand corner.