Making Tax Digital VAT Pilot Scheme

Yes we will be supporting the Flat Rate Scheme on or before 1st April 2019.

HI,

Like lots of others I am quite confused having just received an HMRC letter saying I can join the MTD Pilot Scheme.

I am a contractor with a Limited Company and file VAT returns quarterly myself through the HMRC Gateway, however my accountant deals with my personal and corporation tax. Does anyone know exactly what I should do?

Thanks,

Errol

My latest return (Oct-Dec 2018) will include EC acquisitions (i.e. non zero value in box 9).
Is this still not supported in the pilot period?

Hi Dave, (cc: @captain )

We’ve not received any notification from HMRC to suggest that EC Sales / Acquisitions are supported. The last update we received was on the 20th December to notify that the MTD VAT pilot is now open to Partnerships and Flat Rate Scheme users.

I will contact HMRC to see when this will become available.

Hi Glenn,

I’ve just spoken to a member of the MTD team (requested callback from helpline). They told me that they now support returns that include EC acquisitions (i.e. non zero value in box 9). They have seen customers submit returns via MTD that include box 9 figures.

Do you as a software provider support the above?
If so, what do I need to do to submit my return?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes we do support this scenario. You just need to enrol on the MTD scheme with HMRC and connect your Tax Account to QuickFile as per the steps here. Let me know if you get stuck with anything.

Hi,

After enrolling in MTD VAT Pilot scheme, I submitted my first VAT return from Oct-18 to Dec-18 on 16th Jan-18. However, the status is still showing as saved. On the dashboard screen recent events, it shows a message " A VAT return has been filed for the period 2018 October 01 - 2018 December 31", however, I haven’t received any confirmation from HMRC that it’s been received.
I’m not sure if the return has been submitted or not. Can you please check and confirm.

Regards,

Asghar

Hi @innowhizz

If it’s showing as “Saved”, it sounds like it’s been done using the older VAT submission process rather than MTD.

You will need to connect your account with HMRC and then submit the return on QuickFile. If you go to Reports >> HMRC, you can start the linking process there.

It’s likely that you’ll need to rollback your saved VAT return and resubmit it once the account is linked.

Hi @QFMathew,

I rolled back my saved return and checked my connected HMRC account which was fine. I then created my VAT return again and this time it did show “MTD” on the top left corner of the form. I then resubmitted it and it went through successfully without any issues :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Asghar Butt

@Solution

We are in the final stages of testing Agent Accounts. All new MTD services will be accessible through a new HMRC Agent Services Account (ASA). You can find out more about ASAs and open a new account here:

In the next couple of days you will be able to connect an Agent Services Account to QuickFile Affinity (for accountants and tax advisers). This will then allow you to file for any of your connected profiles providing they are linked to your ASA account.

Is that mean that even I have online service for agent registered on HMRC web I need to create one more? and get authorisation ones more?

The Agent Services Account is a new type of HMRC Agent account for accessing digital services with HMRC. If you have one of these accounts already that’s fine, you can link that to QuickFile. If you have a standard online Agent account you will need to register for an ASA (see link above). From there you can move across all your client authorisations.

Just a quick update… Agent Service Accounts are now supported in Affinity.

HMRC Agent Services Account Integration

Hi

Can I clarify I have tried to create an ASA account and already have an agent online account.

When trying to add VAT services it states I already have this service on another account which of course I do.

Also I do I migrate the authorisations to this ASA account.

When trying to link I get an error saying HMRC;

You cannot access client data at the moment

Agents are currently not able to authorise software applications to act on their client’s behalf.

This will become available at a later date

Hi @zsafdar

We’ve encountered this issue with another user and we’re currently in dialogue with HMRC to try and get some clarity on that message.

HMRC published the following guide a couple of weeks ago to outline the process. Would you please kindly have a scan through to ensure that the relevant steps have been completed.

In the mean time we will continue to work through the problem with HMRC and report back our findings shortly.

Hi

Any further update on this please; I getting the same error.

Z

Hi @zsafdar,

Are you able to try again now, a recent update went live this morning.

Did you also check the HMRC link above to ensure all the steps listed there have completed?

CAn I double check that I can now sign up for the pilot scheme? I have had a letter from HMRC which says QF “is updating their products”. Has this been done? QF does appear on the list of software providers, which I guess means I can sign up now, even though we do have EU costs.

Hi @Spencer1

We fully support MTD VAT returns. Providing you are registered with HMRC to be submitting VAT returns through MTD, then QuickFile will support it.

You can start the process from Reports >> HMRC.

This topic was automatically closed after 295 days. New replies are no longer allowed.