Managing and merging inventory items

Hi there
Over the past few years, some of my inventory items have either changed or accidentally been repeated. I would like to be able to merge various inventory items together and for this to be reflected on their relevant invoices.
Is this possible?
Rita

Hello Rita.

This is not possible I’m afraid as once invoices have been included in a return they are locked.

You can delete inventory items or export them, amend them and import them back in but this will have no change to existing invoices.

Hi Steve
Thanks for your advice.
Ok so I understand that if I delete some of them, any invoices from previous account years that are locked will not change. What will happen to invoices in this current accounting period? Also nothing?
Rita

Hello Rita

If you have an invoice using an inventory item which is not locked and your change the description of th inventory item in Sales > Sales Inventory the invoice will not automatically.

You can however then go back into the the invoice > Modify invoice and reselect the inventory item in the item column to refresh the invoice.

Ok thanks very much. That clarifies.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.