MANUAL BANK STATEMENT UPLOAD "La France" use of a comma "virgule" as the decimal point

If you have transactions that involve a French bank account the use of a comma “virgule” as the decimal point will more than not likely cause an upload error when attempting a bank statement upload and then manual entry of such transactions seems the only available option.

I have found that the “Santander qif file” option in QF avoids the comma disruption and is helpful for processing accounts with commas as the decimal seperator.

Just a little note of something that makes our lives easier.

1 Like

Hi @Glenn, Quite some time since you posted on this topic QIF import from HSBC France - #10 by Glenn but I thought you may be interested in how I process bank statement uploads from Crédit Mutuel de Bretagne.
Regards, Alan

Hello @alan_mcbrien

Not sure if this helps you out or not.

As we only support comma separated files, the data needs manipulated before importing

I know Open office give the option to specify the separator, when you open a document

If you then save it as csv the periods are replaced with commas

I would imagen excel (or other similar software) would also have a similar option

Example of period seperated file (which would fail)

Example of Opening screen when opening with open office writer

Example of File re saved as csv then imports into QuickFile

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.