Mapped Invoice - Update Purchase Invoice on Edit

Continuing the discussion from Attach PDFs for supplier to client linked invoices:

I would put this as a bug but you probably tell me it is a feature/as designed!

If I send an invoice to a mapped client then they get the invoice from me and their dashboard shows a mapped purchase invoice, all good.

If I then edit my invoice their PDF version is edited (as it is generated on demand so all working as expected) but the generated purchase invoice is left with the incorrect old figures. Really this should be edited as well as who looks at the PDF when the numbers are right there in front of them on the purchase invoice? The mapped client has no idea that the invoice has been edited unless I tell them separately or I ask them why they have sent me the wrong payment.

Did your client remove the mapping? Ordinarily any edits should flow through to the purchase record if they are mapped. If the mapping is removed then this wouldn’t happen, but then again if that were the case their PDF copy shouldn’t update either, so that may be something we’d need to look into?

No, the mapping wasn’t removed until after the lack of updates became apparent.

OK let me log this as a potential bug. We will have a look and report back!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.