Mass Detag and Clear Chart of Accounts

Say if I want to leave all my account incoming and outgoings as they are but detag everything and start tagging from scratch how would I do this ?

Hello @Blackwood

I’m afraid this isn’t possible. Some transactions may be restricted (e.g. if they’re locked because of a year end journal or VAT return).

You can clear the data in your account, but this wouldn’t be restricted to just bank transactions for example, it would also include invoices, credit notes, purchases etc.

Are you able to give us a bit more detail about the issue you’re facing, and perhaps we can suggest an alternative method?

Basically I tagged stock purchases as stock…

I’ve been told I should have tagged them as gerneral purchases and when sold tagged them as general sales …

So can I update / retag these individually without causing issues elsewhere in the system ?

You can move these transactions using the bulk re-coding tool. There’s more details on this here: Bulk change incorrect postings

Basically, this allows you to move the nominal entries from one code to another, providing they’re within the same category (e.g. sales > sales, purchases > purchases)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.