Maternity Pay Advance

Hi There

I have requested an advance from HMRC for a Statutory Maternity Pay due to my low PAYE/NIC payments. Once I receive the advance, how do I log this within Quickfile???

Many Thanks

Hi @LingoSolutionsLtd

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you on this, but I’ve tried doing some research to ensure I can give you the correct answer. If I’m honest, I haven’t found anything of much use, but that may be me not understanding your situation completely. I just wanted to come back to you, not to leave the topic hanging and to help you find the correct answer.

I think the best solution for you is to either check with your accountant or check with a web site more aimed at accountants such as Accounting Web. I’m not an accountant so wouldn’t want to give you misleading or incorrect advise.

However, if they can tell you how it should be accounted for (such as offset by a journal against wages), then we should be able to help you log this in QuickFile.